“A tremendous work ethic”…
Curtis Bloom and his parents moved into the SARAH Inc. area from Fairfield last summer. Curtis had a great job at an auto dealership in Fairfield in the parts department and wanted to waste no time finding a job with SARAH’s help in Madison. Curtis secured a job in December as a porter at Stop and Shop in Madison. A porter handles cart retrieval and return and customer assistance on small requests and bottle returns. He works three to four nights per week from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Curtis loves his job, coworkers and the community he lives in! Curtis is known as a hard-working employee who can be counted on. Most recently Stop and Shop suffered a power outage due to one of the Nor’easter’s that blew into town. Curtis stayed with his manager and coworkers until 2:00 am to help them put perishables into freezers so the food would not spoil. When asked how working until 2:00 a.m. felt, Curtis replied “I got one heck of a paycheck that week!” Job ideas for SARAH Inc. participants? Contact Jen Kostek, JKostek@sarah-inc.org
What are “Employment Services”?
Dozens of SARAH Inc.-supported workers are employed in retail, service and manufacturing jobs throughout our communities.
- Workers can be independently employed with occasional supports as needed.
- Workers can be supervised and trained by a full-time coach as they ease into a new job.
- Supports can be customized to meet each person’s interests or needs.
- We also provide students, schools and families with extensive transition planning and supports to ensure that students with special needs and other differing abilities have a variety of work experiences to enhance their career development.
We will partner with you to find the right job for you. SARAH Inc. is committed to:
- Talking with you to explore your goals and dreams,
- Working with you to find the jobs that are right for you based on your skills and abilities,
- Providing the supports you need as you need them to enhance your success, and,
- Helping you schedule a ride to and from work.
For more information call us at 860-399-1888 ext. 311 or use our contact form