SARAH Inc. is taking a part of this year’s GreatGive® to help raise funds for children and adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities or delays. This is your opportunity to truly make a difference and play a personal role in SARAH Inc.’s mission to Enhance Skills and Transform Lives of All Individuals with Differing Abilities.
There are only
until The Great Give® 2021 begins!
We can all agree that our lives have been unexpectedly changed by the pandemic. As we continue to adjust and safely phase back into offering our services in person, support from our community matters more than ever before. This year has highlighted the necessity for nonprofits and the positive impact they create for those they serve. While we can lean on one another for support during difficult times, your support can make a difference in the amount of people we can help and attaining the resources required to do so.
The Great Give® is a 36-hour online giving event put together by The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven. The goal of this event is to strengthen and support local nonprofits operating in the Greater New Haven area. This is your opportunity to contribute to the success and advancement of participating nonprofits.
The Great Give® begins on May 4th, 2021 at 8:00am and ends on May 5th, 2021 at 8:00pm. Advanced gifts an be given at any time up until the event. (Note: Advanced gifts do not count towards hourly prize incentives that will take place during The Great Give®).
And it has never been easier to give back! You can make a donation by accessing our donation site here or by clicking any of our donate buttons on this webpage. All funds raised go directly to the children and adults in our programs.
Below are some examples of how your donation can contribute to SARAH Inc.’s programs!
A $15 donation will...
- purchase a recordable switch to help nonverbal children communicate with others
- acquire scissors, acrylic paint sets, and paint brushes for adults exploring their artistic passions in our day program
- provide a personal planner book to an adult in our Employment Services program, assisting them with documenting work responsibilities and meetings
A $25 donation will...
- purchase one Early Start Denver model Book for families in our program
- provide a haircut for a much anticipated interview
- acquire healthy ingredients for an in-house cooking/nutrition lesson
A $50 donation will...
- provide a pair of shoe orthotics for a toddler who needs the help stabilizing their feet to walk
- purchase 5 new 500 piece puzzles for the Day Programs
- offer 1 week of public transportation tickets for a Transitional Services Crew to practice travel training
A $100 donation will...
- provide 5 sign language videos for families to use during Early Intervention services
- offer an enriching outing for a group of 5 in the Adult Services programs
- give an individual a new suit or outfit for their next job interview
A $150 donation will...
- purchase 2 weighted or compression vests to help address sensory needs in children
- create an in-house library for individuals to follow their literary passions
- provide a week of transportation services (UBER) to and from work for an adult in our Employment Services program
A $250 donation will...
- provide a Therapeutic Feeding Kit to a child receiving Early Intervention Services (adaptive cups, utensils, straws, etc.)
- offer 5 weeks of ceramics classes for 10 adults.
- give a supported worker an assistive technology device to assist them with job applications
A $500 donation will...
- buy 1 box of materials for use by a family for use with the Early Start Denver Model program
- provide 10 weeks of Tai Chi classes for 10 adults with disabilities
- purchase a Smart Watch to help newly employed individuals be successful on the job
A $1000 donation will...
- purchase an iPad to load with communication software to trial with children and their families
- offer a life enriching trip to Mystic Aquarium and CT Science Museum
- acquire a yearly subscription of eTrac (An online curriculum designed to teach job search skills to people struggling to overcome barriers to employment) for 10 participants.