SARAH Inc. is disappointed to announce it will close its recycling business as July 15, 2018.
“We are so proud of our dedicated supported workers,” said SARAH Inc. Executive Director Denise Henry. “This has been a difficult decision but without the expansion of the state of Connecticut’s bottle bill, SARAH RECYCLES is unfortunately an unsustainable business. Despite the lobbying efforts by SARAH Inc. and other recycling business owners, the bottle bill was not expanded. It is just not economically feasible for our non-profit agency to continue.”
“Our neighbors in our local communities has been outstanding and we are grateful for that support. We very much appreciate your bottle and can donations over these 10 years,” Henry adds.
Collection bins will be removed from their current locations between July 1 and July 15. Any questions or concerns about the program should be referred to John Horan, 203-907-8383.
Donating your CT refundable bottles and cans to SARAH Inc. creates jobs and independence to those with differing abilities. Look for our collection bins at the following locations: Please note: Connecticut refundable (beer, soda, and water) only.
- Bishop’s Orchards, 1355 Boston Post Road
- Guilford Town Dock, Whitfield Street
- Guilford Transfer Station, 1900 Boston Post Road
- St. George Church, 33 Whitfield Street
- Madison Surf Club, 87 Surf Club Road
- Friends & Company, 11 Boston Post Road
- Dunkin Donuts, 112 North Main Street – Rt. 1
- Francis Walsh Intermediate School,185 Damascus Road(removed due to construction)
- Little League Complex, across from the Town Green
- Westbrook Transfer Station, 154 McVeagh Road
- The Log Cabin, 232 Boston Post Road
- East Haven Town Green
- North Haven Recycle Center, Elm Street
- North Haven Town Green
- SARAH Inc., 556 Washington Avenue, rear
- North Haven Athletic Complex, 222 Maple Avenue
- North Haven Memorial Field, (behind Stop & Shop Gas Station